I love this idea - "Live in the world of possiblity". This comes directly from The Landmark Forum, which Zander is a graduate of (as am I - for more info check out www.landmarkeducation.com). The basis of this 3 day seminar is 'living in the world of possiblity'. You create it, you live it. When I first graduated from the seminar, I was awesome at living in this world. Unfortunately, it is like a muscle and must be flexed and worked, every day, consistently. And sadly, I have gotten weaker. But I will say, when I do live in a world of possibility, I am an amazingly happy person. As Zander says, you give up a lot of control (which is VERY hard for me), but you end up with so much more in return.
Specifically with teaching, I create the possibility that my first class will be fantastic. Whether it is or isn't, I create another possiblity that my next class will be fantastic. Whether it is or isn't.....you get the idea. Sounds so simple - and when executed it is. The key is not to let cynicism and negativity control you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment