Thursday, March 12, 2009

Podcasts


I have a tendency to do all of my assignments with a focus on music, as I am a music teacher. I was told back in month 1 that all of my assignments should have to do something with my thesis, which made total sense. And ever since, everything has been music based. As I was searching for podcasts to include in my 'deeper discussion board', I realized it's hard to find kid friendly, music related podcasts. Now, I will admit, I've never listened to or subscribed to a podcast, so I am pretty unfamiliar with this world. But on the bright side, I found 2 that I am now a subscriber of and cannot wait to share some of them with my students. The following site:
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/theymightbegiants/ is absolutely amazing for elementary aged children. Now, I don't know if I was just deliriously tired or what, but I found myself watching almost every single episode that was available. I even decided I was going to dedicate 5 minutes of each class (kinder and 1st grade specifically, possible 2nd grade) to listening/watching these particular songs. They are awesome!!!! If for nothing else, I am so glad to have done this assignment because I found this resource, which I would not have found otherwise. Thanks Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment