I think the idea of 'giving an A' to people, random people, is tough for some to take. The idea of giving a waitress an 'A' because she did a good job - she will probably look at you like you're nuts, want to know where it came from, why you said it, etc... but in the long run, would go home that night and think "wow, someone thought I was really good today". Maybe it would be boost their confidence enough to keep working that hard and maybe to pass it along to others.
I really like the idea of using this with my students - particularly my 5th graders who think they are done with elementary school after spring break. To have them write me a letter about why they got their 'A' is perfect. It's something to bring back and remind them of every few weeks (maybe per marking period). And hopefully, throughout, they would have better attitudes towards their work, class, and each other. It's certainly worth a try!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment